It’s pretty common knowledge that the early years in a child’s development are the most important. Do you know what types of activities your infant or toddler is participating in to assist with their development? There are many preschool level activities for infants in daycare, or for toddlers. At such a young age, it is important to focus on helping infants or toddlers improve in five areas of development:
- Physical – Physical development includes physical health, well-being, and basic movement skills. Activities for infants in daycare which focus on physical development are designed to help with; large and small muscle control, fitness, and coordination.
- Social-Emotional and social development focus on teaching your child how to create and maintain relationships with others, as well as managing feelings or emotions.
- Learning – Every child has a different approach to learning. Some children are hands-on learners, while others can just listen or read to grasp what is being taught. It doesn’t really matter how your infant takes on new tasks or information, there are activities for infants in daycare with any learning style.
- Thinking – Life is full of problems and choices, this is why development in this area is so important. Daycare activities for infants will give them the opportunity to solve minor problems and make simple decisions.
- Communication – Infant activities that focus on communication skills will help your toddler or infant learn how to communicate with others. This includes answering or asking questions, reacting and responding to situations, as well as writing skills. There are many communication development activities for infants in daycare.
Educational Activities For Infants in Daycare
There are many educational activities for infants in daycare to help improve fine motor skills and mental development. Depending on the age of your child, daily lesson plans or activities for infants in daycare may vary as they are based on age appropriation.
Many parents are looking for ways to focus on developmental skills at home and outside of daycare. There are may activities that parents can do with their infant or toddler at home for continuous improvement in the five key areas of development. There are also great infant daycare programs in Canton where you can enroll your child.