Having a safe learning environment for your child is a top priority. That is why not only do we offer a secure building, but include safety discussions with the children as a part of our curriculum. We realize that as parents you have any concerns about your child’s safety. At Paradigm, we continually train staff on safety preparedness to ensure the well being of your child while in our care.
Safety in Our Building
- Paradigm’s doors are locked at all times and only accessible through the use of KeyCards that have been issued to the parents of our students.
- All staff members at Paradigm are required to be fingerprinted.
- Fingerprints will be used to conduct a Comprehensive Background Check. The Comprehensive Background Check will include the following:
- A check of the licensing database for previous disciplinary action.
- FBI fingerprint checks (checks all state and federal crimes).
- Michigan child abuse and neglect registry.
- National Sex Offender Registry.
- Criminal history registry and child abuse/neglect registry for any states of residence in the past 5 years.
- Fingerprints will be entered into the Child Care Background Check System (CCBC System).
- Paradigm has a strict pick-up policy. Anyone other than parents, even those listed on enrollment paperwork, who are picking up a child are required to show ID at the door regardless of relation to the child. The child will only be released if a parent has notified the office in writing or by phone that someone else will be picking up.
Safety in Our Classrooms
- All Directors and Care-givers have received training in Infant Safe Sleep practices.
- All staff members complete 8 hours of Health & Safety Training upon hire.
- All staff members are trained and certified in CPR, First Aid & Blood Borne Pathogens.
- All staff members receive a minimum of 24 hours of staff development annually.