- What are your hours of operation?6:30am – 6:00pm Monday – Friday
- What age children do you accept?6 weeks old through 4 year old preschool and up to 12 years old. Our School Age Program has you covered for school breaks such as Winter and Spring Break, Summer Vacation and Snow Day up through age 12!
- Is transportation provided to local schools?
Paradigm does not transport however parents have arranged for their local school to drop their child off at Paradigm in the past.
- Are field trips offered?
Paradigm brings field trips to us! We have brought the farm, exotic animals, puppet shows, magic shows, and the Star Lab to Paradigm!
- What training does your staff have?
Upon hire, all of our staff receive 8 hours of Health & Safety Training. They also are trained and/or certified in CPR, Infant Safe Sleep Practices, Shaken Baby Syndrome, and Blood Borne Pathogens before they work in the classrooms with the children. After that, they receive 24 hours of additional training per year.
- Is outdoor time available?
Yes! The children go outside once or twice a day weather permitting. Our Waterford Center has a Splash Pad and our Canton Center has a HUGE playground when the children have lots of room to run and play! Both schools have garden boxes that the children plant a garden in every summer.
- Are meals and snacks provided?
Paradigm provided breakfast to children who arrive at school by 7:45. A fresh fruit, veggie, or protein is served mid-morning as a snack. Lunch is provided and consists of a meat or meat alternative, a fruit, a vegetable, and milk. Afternoon snack consists of things such as goldfish crackers, cheese its crackers, pretzels or special treats.
- What if my child has an allergy to certain types of foods?
If your child has a food allergy we ask that you provide their food on a daily basis for their safety. Paradigm follows a menu however substitutions are occasionally made due to seasonal or inventory restrictions.
- Can I send a substitute food on a day when you are serving a food my child doesn’t like?
No. We promote healthy eating and encourage children to try the foods we provide. There are multiple choices on the children’s plates at lunch and they are offered seconds.
- How can I get more information about enrolling my child?
Give us a call! We love to meet new families!
- What is the tuition and how is it paid?
There are many factors that determine tuition such as schedule, age, and Center. We can go over tuition rates on the phone or in person. Tuition is paid using a credit card online or at our sign-in computer in our Lobby. You can also pay your tuition in the office with a check or cash.
- What happens if my child becomes ill during the day?
We will contact a parent immediately if their child becomes ill and ask that the parent or someone comes to pick them up immediately.
- Will you notify me if another child in my child’s class is ill?
We post all illnesses for parents to view at the center.
- Can my child’s schedule change from week to week?
No, we require a two-week notice for most schedule changes however sometimes we are able to accommodate changes quicker. Just give us a call and ask. Unfortunately, we are unable to switch children’s days during the week but can sometimes add days if possible.